From straight flight, the model aircraft performs a half roll and when inverted performs half of a circular inside loop (commensurate with the performance of subject type), and resumes straight and level flight on a flight path opposite to that of the entry. The throttle should be closed at the inverted position, as appropriate to type, and opened when normal flight is resumed.
- Model aircraft changes track during half roll.
- Model aircraft inverted too long or too short.
- Inappropriate use of throttle.
- Track of half loop not on line or vertical.
- Half loop is not sufficiently semicircular.
- Too fast or too tight a half loop.
- Does not resume straight and level flight on opposite track to entry.
- Half loop not centered on judges’ position.
- Maneuver not flown parallel with the judges’ line.
- Too far away / too close / too high / too low.