The model approaches in a straight and level flight to a point directly in front of the judges. It then turns away to track 60º away from the judges’ line. It then flies straight and level for a minimum of 150 meters, turns to track parallel with the judges’ line, flies a further minimum of 150 meters, then turns to track towards the judges and flies a further minimum of 150 meters to a position above the center of the landing area, which completes an equilateral triangle (i.e. a triangle with sides of equal length and angles of 60°), before making a final turn to intercept the original entry track. This option may only be nominated for non-aerobatics aircraft.
- Not commenced and finished at points equidistant from the judges.
- Model aircraft changes height.
- Rate of turn at corners not constant or inside corners of triangle not 60°.
- Sides of the triangle are not straight.
- Sides of triangle are not equal lengths.
- Sides of the triangle are too long or too short.
- Apex of triangle not centered on judges’ position.
- Correction for drift not properly made.
- Start and finish tracks not the same.
- Start and finish tracks not parallel with judges’ line.
- Too far away / too close / too high / too low.